Hello Group,
I apologize if this topic has been cove, but I searched the forum, and couldn’t find much……
I have a 1992 851 that I want to install 94mm pistons in. I also have a set of new 888 cylinders that I bought several years ago. Anyway, I’m curious if 94mm 916 Pistal high compression pistons will be a good option for street use/92 octane pump fuel. Pistal has high compression 888 pistons, but the 12.8:1 compression is far too high for pump gas. I’m thinking the Pistal 916 94mm 12.8:1 pistons would be a better option since the 916 piston wrist pins are 1mm higher than 888 pistons, so theoretically with stock base gaskets, the 916 12.8:1 Pistal pistons should be closer to 11.7:1 compression on an 851/888 with the 1mm higher wrist pin? 11.7:1 on a street 888 on pump gas should be great.
Thanks,
Justin
I apologize if this topic has been cove, but I searched the forum, and couldn’t find much……
I have a 1992 851 that I want to install 94mm pistons in. I also have a set of new 888 cylinders that I bought several years ago. Anyway, I’m curious if 94mm 916 Pistal high compression pistons will be a good option for street use/92 octane pump fuel. Pistal has high compression 888 pistons, but the 12.8:1 compression is far too high for pump gas. I’m thinking the Pistal 916 94mm 12.8:1 pistons would be a better option since the 916 piston wrist pins are 1mm higher than 888 pistons, so theoretically with stock base gaskets, the 916 12.8:1 Pistal pistons should be closer to 11.7:1 compression on an 851/888 with the 1mm higher wrist pin? 11.7:1 on a street 888 on pump gas should be great.
Thanks,
Justin
Comment